While I am based in Albemarle County, I serve a four county area which includes: Albemarle, Fluvanna, Greene and Louisa Counties. I have a general background in all production livestock species, and possess extensive experience and specialized education relating to horses (especially equine nutrition). The agricultural community in Albemarle County and the surrounding area is diverse, and I strive to provide support and educational programming for all interests and ability levels. In addition I serve as the Extension Advisor to the Northern District 4-H Horse Council and actively participate in many State 4-H Horse Program activities (photo shown here is of me and my off-track Thoroughbred on the 2008 4-H Horse Master 50-mile ride).
Education and Degrees
- M.S. Animal Science - Equine Nutrition, 2002, Virginia Tech
- B.S. Animal Science, 1996, Virginia Tech
- Extension Agent, Animal Science 2004-Present Virginia Cooperative Extension, Albemarle County, VA
- Equine / Livestock Extension Agent 2002-2004 Cornell Cooperative Extension, Orange County, NY
- Adjunct Professor 2001 Lord Fairfax Community College
- Nursing Technician 1997-2000 Marion duPont Scott Equine Medical Center, Leesburg, VA